Monday, April 1, 2013

FW: lentil and chickpea salad with feta and tahini


 

 

Feed: simpleandsweetlittlethings.blogspot.com
Posted on: Monday, April 01, 2013 23:27
Author: deb
Subject: lentil and chickpea salad with feta and tahini

 

lentil chickpea salad with so much stuff

I have an uneven history with chef cookbooks. I have learned the hard way more often than I’ve wished to that just because I might enjoy sitting down at someone’s restaurant table does not mean that their work will translate into an enjoyable home cooking experience — you know, one without sous-chefs and dishwashers, plural, at ones disposal, and a customer base footing the bill for the Himalayan pink salt. The best of these books make for wonderful reading and bring the fresh air of a new flavors and tricks into your home cooking routine but the worse, well, yikes. You’re not getting those hours back.

onion, tahini, lentils, chickpeas, spice, lemon, sage, garlic
cooking lentils de puy with sage, garlic

So, despite the fact that I gushed about The Breslin nearly a year ago and also in an interview for Amazon, and even though I’ve fussed over The Spotted Pig, I didn’t even consider picking up chef April Bloomfield’s* book, A Girl and Her Pig because the odds felt slim that it would provide me with anything close to the joy that her cooking does at a dark table in the Ace Hotel, with a grapefruit gin-and-tonic (swoon) in my hand.

toasting corriander and cumin seeds

... Read the rest of lentil and chickpea salad with feta and tahini on smittenkitchen.com


© smitten kitchen 2006-2012. | permalink to lentil and chickpea salad with feta and tahini | one comment to date | see more: Beans, Photo, Salad, Vegetarian


View article...