Thursday, May 23, 2013

FW: two classic sangrias


 

 

Feed: simpleandsweetlittlethings.blogspot.com
Posted on: Thursday, May 23, 2013 23:56
Author: deb
Subject: two classic sangrias

 

Last Friday, we had 17 people over for dinner. No, we haven’t moved to a larger apartment. No, my kitchen hasn’t grown to the size of a normal one (though some mornings I tiptoe in, hoping it will surprise me). No, I hadn’t really expected almost all of my friends to be able to make it when I invited them, but I wasn’t the least bit sad when I found out they’d all come, mostly because my vision of the ideal apartment gathering resembles the party scene from Breakfast At Tiffany’s. And boy, we get closer every time.

The precursor to this was when, about a month ago, I moped, as I often do, to my husband that we never entertain anymore and that we should just do it, just throw a party and have enough aperatifs around that pesky details such as cranky child up past their bedtime and who needs chairs? pull up a corner of carpet to sit on! and oops, did we invite more people than we have forks for again? would cease to matter. Wine solves everything, doesn’t it?

... Read the rest of two classic sangrias on smittenkitchen.com


© smitten kitchen 2006-2012. | permalink to two classic sangrias | 107 comments to date | see more: Drinks, Photo


View article...