Friday, May 3, 2013

spring vegetable potstickers


 

 

Feed: simpleandsweetlittlethings.blogspot.com
Posted on: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 22:22
Author: deb
Subject: spring vegetable potstickers

 

spring vegetable potstickers

It's been over six years since I mooned here over a lost dumpling love. Dumplings are kind of a fixation for me; I am unwaveringly convinced that small pockets of food wrapped elegantly in a thin dough are among the universe's most perfect foods; portable and petite, servings easily scaled, I dare you to find a nutritious food not improved by an adorable doughy package. The vegetable dumplings that I used to get at a chain of otherwise average west side Chinese restaurants were my all-time favorite; before they changed the recipe, I regularly rerouted my day to stop there for an order, and a beer. (Sidebar: Can we talk about how delicious a cold beer in a glass is with potstickers? No, different conversation, huh? Onwards!)

asparagus, favar, chives, scallions, garlic, ginger
asparagus, cut into segments

Anyway, I hope you haven't mistaken my silence since on the matter as a sign I've found any peace. I have not. While I still cannot resist vegetable dumplings/wontons/gyoza/potstickers on any take-out menu, hoping to find within their centers the dumplings I once knew and loved, I've had enough mystery vegetable mush to accept that if you want spectacular vegetable dumplings, you'll want to make them at home.

fava, scallion, chives, asparagus, ginger, tofu